As a part of the COVID-19 response, many people have gone without the gym due to government restrictions. But that’s no excuse to give up on your fitness goals! There are plenty of great ways to stay active, from working out in the backyard to setting up a personal gym in your spare room. Check out the following resources for advice and guidance on staying in shape and eating healthy (without overspending!), even while social distancing.
Work Out in Your Backyard
When the weather cooperates, look to your backyard as the perfect place to enjoy a workout and get some fresh air. And most of these tips to stay in shape cost next to nothing.
- Make sure you get outside for workouts when you can.
- You can even make a gym in your backyard.
- Take your yoga mat outside to boost your routine.
- Be sure to include variety in your workouts.
- Morning workouts are particularly beneficial.
- If time is tight, find ways to lighten your schedule.
Set Up a Home Gym
Having a home gym doesn’t have to be expensive, and you can make one work with any sort of space. Staying in shape doesn’t always have to involve costly gym memberships if money is tight.
- Decide how to build an in-home gym.
- Yes, even an apartment has enough elbow room to workout.
- Stability balls and resistance bands are also affordable options.
- Just be sure to keep your equipment organized.
Get Healthy Ingredients Delivered
Remember, you can’t outrun your diet, so make sure you keep nutrition top of mind by finding easy ways to shop or prepare healthy meals. You are what you eat, after all!
- Try home delivery to switch up your meals.
- Look for top-rated meal delivery services.
- Stock your pantry with delicious staples.
- Mix things up with some new recipes.
Take Advantage of Technology to Stay in Shape
Technology is helping many of us get through the pandemic. While being on technology constantly can be a health hazard, it doesn’t have to be if you use it right. Harness the power of the internet and wearable technology for added motivation and convenience.
- Try fee online fitness classes that require no equipment.
- Food diaries can help with tracking your consumption.
- Apps and online videos boost workout variety.
- Hunt for deals on smartwatches so you can track your progress.
Taking steps to support your whole-body health is more important now than ever. Find ways to stay active at home by taking advantage of your backyard space, setting up a personal gym in the corner of your living room, and following fitness classes online.
Remember, you can maintain a healthy diet by keeping nutritious ingredients on hand at all times. Every time you go to the store or have a food delivery, grab a some of the essentials so you don’t run out at an inconvenient time.
Engaging in regular exercise and eating healthy to stay in shape will give you the strength and energy you need to cope during this difficult time. Especially for those dealing with anxiety and depression, a good regimen of exercise and good eating habits will help you get through.
Your physical health is important, but don’t forget your financial health too! If you need financial guidance or advice on paying down debt, work with financial coach Seth Connell so you can build a more stable financial future. Book a free Discovery Session today!
Guest post by Stephanie Haywood from Life Boost.